As it gets colder and COLDER my go to looks will be filled with plus size sweater dresses. North Florida weather is quite tricky because it’ll be sunny af outside, but the temps are in the low 30s. I’ve picked up quite a few plus size sweaters to wear for the rest of fall and the winter season for casual days out and about, date nights with babe, and even a few for work. Why? 1. They’re easy to throw on and go. 2. NO Ironing Needed. 3. Very easy to style. You seriously can’t go wrong with sweater dresses in any scenario. While many may think that sweater dresses are a one hit wonder in terms of styling options, that’s simply not the case.
Styling Ideas for Plus Size Sweater Dresses
1. Chilly, but not coat worthy weather ? Wear your sweater dresses as is with a pendant necklace or statement necklace.
2. Layer up with scarves and a classic coat.
3. Thermal leggings, sneakers, denim jacket.
4. Sweater dresses definitely have a place in the office too. For more casual looking sweater dresses, show your coworkers who’s boss by rocking button up shirt underneath. Shirt collar accessories are an actual thing. I definitely recommend trying one of them if your form fitting plus size sweater dresses have no room for shirts underneath it.
5. Got some midi or maxi skirts you’re dying to wear in spring? Why wait? Wear your skirts over sweater dresses for a nice 2 piece option. Go versatility!
6. Wearing skinny jeans, jeggings, leggings (whatevah 🙂 ) is the perfect fuss free comfy casual outfit.
7. Adding a gorgeous faux fur vest is a great way to fancify and add luxe to plus size sweater dresses. The contrast in textures is also a nice style detail.
8. Get effortless style in a cinch with a wide waist belt. Adding a wide waist belt to oversized sweater dresses is the easiest way to define your waist and add shape to any boxy pieces.
9. Pair a longer skirt or dress underneath shorter dresses for quirky layers.